Feeling Blue-ish #IWSG

Happy March, everyone. Hope your month is off to a good start. I'm happy to report that my plan to write a new chapter every weekend is going great. My current WIP is at 40K words. :) No telling how many of those words will be ripped apart and Frankensteined back together during rounds 2 and 3, but that's a concern for another day.

With an end goal seeming possible, I enjoyed thinking about this month's Optional IWSG Day Question: How do you celebrate when you achieve a writing goal/finish a story?

I hadn't thought of it as an official thing I do to celebrate - it's just what's ended up happening in the past - but now I'm making it official. When I finish a story, I celebrate by tackling a home project. Make that a fun home project.

When I finally finish with my current writing project, the master bathroom is on the agenda. While taking a writing break last weekend, I even picked out the color. What do you think of it?



Weird that I picked it out just after describing the sky as "steely blue" in the chapter I was writing, huh? Looking forward to learning how all of you celebrate!


This post is part of the monthly blog hop/therapy session known as Insecure Writer's Support Group, founded by the one and clonely Alex J. Cavanaugh. Click below to join the group!



Co-Hosts:

Comments

Pat Garcia said…
Congratulations ops your choice of doing something in your house. I'd rather hire someone to do that for me. :-) So, that is what I would probably do the second I get my first book publishing contract. Hire me a housekeeper.
Wishing you all the best.
Shalom aleichem,
Pat G
Tackling a fun home project is a good idea! And I think that's a great color, in general and for a bathroom.
Jennifer Lane said…
Great idea about home improvements to celebrate. I have a couple of projects that need attending to but my motivation isn't great. I like the color! Is there a window in the bathroom? I was thinking it might be a little dark without a window. Congrats on 40K, woot!
Unknown said…
I love this idea. And I love that color (I have it in my dining room.) Congrats on your 40K

M.L. Keller
www.themanuscriptshredder.com
I love the steely blue!! And what a fantastic idea. I need to incorporate that into my writing...
I like the color. God bless you for considering painting a celebration. You can come celebrate at my house anytime.
Chrys Fey said…
Tackling a project that doesn’t have to do with writing is a great idea. It’s fun but also rewarding once you finish.
Cherie Reich said…
That's a neat take on celebrating finishing a book. I love that color. It'll go great for a master bathroom.
Karen Baldwin said…
Love the color. Nice to see something other than gray. It seems decorating in the States for the last few years is: Fifty Shades of gray, gray, gray....
Love the color. Good luck with the project.
Olga Godim said…
Master bathroom! It would never enter my mind to celebrate anything by a renovation project. I'm a lazy bum. Any house project feels like a punishment for me. I'd rather curl up in my armchair with a good book, but then I do it every evening. Maybe a glass of wine as a means to celebrate...
Diane Burton said…
I like the color. If it was a little lighter, it would match the color of our bedroom. I like the bit of gray.

I never thought of home improvements as a way to celebrate, buy, hey, whatever floats your boat. *grin*
dolorah said…
lol, I have a tendency to clean things when I finish. Maybe in preparation for all that cutting and revising to come. Never thought of it before this question though.

Popular posts from this blog

Bring on the Romance!

In which I get rated R...eh, maybe NC 17...

80s TV Shows: Turbulent Tranquility